Below are details of the current roles that Stepaside Football Club seeks to fill in order to grow, and progress towards its long-term objective of becoming the leading sports club in the Stepaside area. The club is run entirely by volunteers who give their time freely to help run and build the club.
Though expertise in a particular area/role is an advantage, this is not a prerequisite, and should you be willing to undertake one of the listed roles, full support with be provided by our volunteer pool and the Committee to support and establish any volunteer in a role.
If you are able to volunteer, please contact Mike Earl via Stepasidefc@outlook.com.
Please note that all stated roles are new roles and the listed job descriptions are indicative only – they may change as the role develops, and according to the free time you have to commit.
Club shop and kit officer
Objective: To ensure that all players and members have efficient access to the kit that they want or need.
1. Acting as first point of contact with kit providers.
2. Continuously improving the online store offering, working with ClubZapp to ensure a full range of kit is available and easy for members to order/access.
3. Managing the online store, tracking orders and delivery and troubleshooting issues with ClubZapp and kit providers as necessary.
4. Working with team coaches to manage kit requirements (e.g. training equipment, playing kit).
Objective: To ensure that SFC holds well-organised and well-attended events for its members and that these contribute to building revenue, and a positive reputation for the club.
1. Lead on behalf of the club for organisation of all annual SFC social events during the season, including (not a mandatory or exhaustive list):
- Annual end of year awards (July)
- Christmas table quiz (December)
- Race night (tbc)
- Summer camp (July/August)
- Mini World Cup (tbc)
2. Identifying and liaising with venues, suppliers and sponsors (as applicable) 3. Identifying/recruiting parents to support event organisation.
4. Organisation of attendee payment function for events on ClubZap and maintaining register of attendees.
5. On site coordination of events (setup, payment for venue etc.)
6. Payment of venue and suppliers (as applicable).
Sponsorship and promotion officer
Objective: To ensure that SFC maximises all opportunities to secure sponsorship that contributes to the positive reputation and financial resources of the club, and that the club is promoted positively and effectively in the local and wider area.
1. Manage SFC sponsorship brochure, and update as required.
2. Manage partner relationships to ensure that SFC adhere to all sponsorship agreements (particularly with regards to event promotion, website promotion and related agreements).
3. Manage parents’ mailing list and Issue quarterly sponsors updates (and ad-hoc promotions as applicable).
4. Identify new sponsors through active promotion on local mailing groups, and other means, including engagement with parents. This to include event-specific sponsors such as summer camps and mini-World Cup.
5. Manage club promotion in the local area, including regular mailing list promotion with local schools, leaflet drops with new housing developments.
6. Manage promotion of internal events to SFC members. Manage promotion of external events to local groups as required.
Objective: To manage all available media channels to maximise club administration, promotion opportunities, and to build a positive profile and reputation for the club.
1. Manage all website content, including:
- Reporting of match results (coordinating reports from teams)
- Promotion of sponsors.
- Promotion and reporting of SFC events
2. Manage Facebook page (and create additional social channels as agreed with committee) to ensure regular delivery of club-related content.
3. Manage club image library to ensure secure storage and compliance with data protection and GDPR requirements.
4. Work with sponsorship and promotion Officer, and events Officer to maximise visibility and revenue-generation for the club around events and sponsorship activities.
Objective: To effectively organise, administer and co-ordinate the Stepaside FC academy, with the aim of establishing the academy as a leader in the local and wider area.
1. To lead on establishing and maintaining the Academy’s reputation both within the club, the community and in football through dialogue with internal and external stakeholders.
2. To act as the main point of contact for current and new members attending the academy.
3. To liaise with the Child Welfare Officer to ensure that the Academy is run at all times in a way that optimizes child welfare.
4. To liaise with the Sponsorship and Promotion Officer and Media Officer to ensure that the academy is effectively promoted and represented.
5. To liaise with the Club Shop and Kit Officer to ensure that kit supply for academy players and parents is efficient.
6. To maximise recruitment, attendance and retention within the academy, with the purpose of establishing lifelong SFC players and members.
7. To ensure all academy participants are fully registered and have paid accordingly.